Thursday, April 15, 2010

What is the original (birth) name of kavi kalidas, any sanskrit vidwan can tell me?

Kalidas was the author of Raghu Vamsham in sanskrit.

What is the original (birth) name of kavi kalidas, any sanskrit vidwan can tell me?
I have the Raghu VaMshan here somewhere... I'll answer in a minute...





EDIT:





Sorry, I have just suffered through the introduction to C.R. Devadhar's edition of the R.V., and he says that practically nothing is known of the external facts of the poet's life, and there is no mention of his birthplace, never mind of his birth name. Where he lived, whom he wrote for, and how well-travelled he may have been are all surmised, however hazardously, from his work, and not from any other records.





So sorry.
Reply:probhandand savi something like that


No comments:

Post a Comment