Friday, April 23, 2010

I want to know the background of Sanskrit Indian Name "Jayna"? Does it mean "Victory" or "Bringer of Victory"?

I need more background on the Sanskrit origins. I think the meaning "Bringer of Victory" is much more powerful than the other meanings and want to give my daughter a powerful name.





In researching the name, most sites list "Jayna" as either meaning victory (derived from Sanskrit name "Jayana") or as a variant of Joan or Jane, meaning "God is Gracious".





If anyone knows more about the "Bringer of Victory" meaning, I'd be appreciate it!







I want to know the background of Sanskrit Indian Name "Jayna"? Does it mean "Victory" or "Bringer of Victory"?
victory in sanskrit is 'jaya' (啶溹く). 'jayana' (啶溹く啶? - victorious, conquering.





i dont think theres one word meaning bringer of victory, that would have to be a composite noun i.e. victory-bringer. yet theres a word, a derivative of 'jaya' - 'jaitra' (啶溹啶む啶? which means 'leading to victory'.





i think 'jayana' is a good name because it also means 'a daughter of Indra'.


No comments:

Post a Comment